When it comes to house furnishings, a bedroom is one of the only rooms in the house that is in need of constant TLC. It is the part of the house where we go to recharge our batteries and get some well deserved rest after a hard day’s work and stress. Therefore bedrooms should be decorated with style and with the mindset that the room is meant to create a sense of relaxation. Additionally the room should be created with style without overcrowding it with pointless accessories that clutter up the room and therefore result in the removal of the idea of a spacious retreat one can retire to in the evening times.
With the task in mind of decorating a bedroom that is both stylish and functional, here are our top tips for decorating your restful haven.
- When it comes to bedroom furniture make you buy right sized bed. It’s not just about buying the biggest bed in the shop it should be about getting bed that will fit well in your bedroom. Buying a bed can be based on a few items; the size of the room, the width of the wall that the bed will be located again and where the windows are located. Also popular are sofas for bedrooms, just make sure before purchasing that there will be enough space in the bedroom for one!
- To create a spa like retreat to retire to in the evenings, it’s all in the accessories. Carefully chosen plush duvets covers and bed linen as well as candles, lantern, cushions and throws are the perfect way to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Not forgetting about bedroom onsuite bathroom accessories, an onsuite bathroom is part of the bedroom and the look and feel of the bedroom must be carried through to the bathroom. Bath mats and towels in the colour palate of the bedroom is a must.
- If the bedroom is a small room a floor to ceiling mirror gives a great illusion of space.
- Adding a bench to the end of the bed adds interest to the room. As well as looking great it’s a great place to sit and read a book, to get dressed to put pillows on at night time.